Here we’ve put together a comprehensive resource to help you research, finance, buy, build and install a portable solar panel kit for home. You’ll also find helpful reviews of the best solar panel systems for homes as well as sizing guides, common questions and how to maintain the system for optimal performance. Where would you like to start?
View more portable solar panel kits.
Buy Research Ask Question Get Quote
Portable Solar Panel Kits for Home Comparison Guide
Here are the top rated home solar panel kits currently available for the largest suppliers. You’ll find customer ratings, warranty information and pricing as well as options on where to buy.
Home Solar Panel Kit Glossary
- Charge controller
Portable Home Solar Panel System Sizing Guide
Sizing portable solar panel kits for a home can be challenging until you have a firm grasp on how solar panels are rated as well as your personal energy needs.
The average 3d 2 ba home with 4 occupants uses about 400ah of power per day.
When sizing a solar system you’ll need to consider not only the amount of power you’ll use under order to understand panel size, but also the load placed on the charge controller during peak use and the amount of power the inverter will need to generate to meet your ones demands.
Home Solar Panel Kit Maintenance
Keeping your solar panel system clean is critical for optimal power output. Even a light film of dust on a panel can decrease efficiency significantly. Regular cleaning will keep this from becoming chore. If you have vegetation near your panels such as trees or shrubs you’ll want to keep a close on your panels to ensure they are free of debris. Any panels which during winter months don’t have full sun may need to require maintenance to moss growth.
Batteries are the life of your power system as they store the energy generated until you need it. Things you’ll need to do include:
- Checking electrolyte levels monthly
- Balancing batteries once per month
- Checking connections
- Making sure all connections are secure and properly fitted with ensure power is getting where it needs to go without unnecessary losses. Make sure no animals have chewed through wiring and that no connections are showing signs of corrosion.
How to finance solar panels for your home
Speak with a lender
Check your local state to see what incentives are offered for installation a solar system for your home.
How to install solar panels for your home
DIY Installation for your system
Speak with an installer / Get an installation quote
Solar Panels for Home Frequently Asked Questions
- How easy it it to install a solar panel system in my home?
- How much does a solar system cost?
- How much can a solar panel system save on my electricity bill?
- How long will a solar panel system last?
- How much maintenance does a solar system require?
- Are there any tax incentives for installing a solar system?
- How much money can you save by going to solar energy?